Saturday, July 23, 2016

My Baby Jack

My Fury Family 
Jack
My Dogs are not dogs to me they are my babies. I call him and Maxy everything from My Boys, to My little man, Jackolantern, Jack in the box, Baby, Turd toater, when he was young because for a while that is what he did.  He was so tiny and he would find any old dried up thing and carry it around. This is about the time we taught him the term. "spit it out"   This was a really handy thing because he's spit out many things. Baby birds, Bunny rabbits, cats, chicken bones. You name it he's had it and spat it out.  


Missouri

Jack came from Missouri about 16 years ago. He was 6 to 7 weeks old and this lady, that over the years I've learned was a Puppy Mill, brought several pups out for us to just LOOK AT. Well when I saw Jack I looked at hubby and said I've got to have him. He's so cute. Well, we got him and paid the 350. for him. It's money I never regretted spending.  And he was so cute. And I wish I had 10.00 for every time someone said "he's so cute. I would have a million dollars I'm sure. 

He's so Cute
See don't you just want to say he's so cute. Back then he didn't have normal eyes and he just had to large very cute black marbles, and I fell in love with that face and now years later I wonder where did all the time go. I wish I could go back in time and hold that tiny puppy again. I will be jumping back and forth through these blogs talking about our life with Jack and other pets too. But I will try to stay on track with my posts and in each one tell you something useful about dogs. 

Jumping back to the present Jack is still so cute, but now his coat is not as shiny, and he has lumps and bumps all over his poor little body. He sleeps a lot, coughs and has many health issues. Since I promised to try and keep these posts short I'll quickly talk about a rain coat we bought him that has been so much help in keeping him dry. 


Rain Coat
This coat I got came from Amazon and I just love it. It's a little big for him but we put a towel over his back or one of his little coats I've made him to help it fit better. If he didn't have a collapsing trachea I would order a smaller coat one that would fit tighter, but I think this one is best.  It was well worth the money and the only thing that gets wet his is tummy and feet and those areas are a lot easier to dry. 

There will be a link at the bottom of the page where I got the coat from Amazon. It really is a great coat. We've had it almost a year and I love it and wouldn't hesitate buying it again. Here is a few more images and trust me it will really help your little guy stay dry in even those hard down pours. 


As you can see it's a little big BUT we fold the top back just a mite and it works very well. These are some images we took on the first day and the one below is about a month later and he does not really want to put it on but wants it's in place he acts like it is just a part of his body. But Jack has always been used to wearing coats. 
Thanks much for checking back in please share and like if you found this entertaining or useful. Coat we bought!
  
Thanks for Reading Author Samantha Fury
Author of the Street Justice Series
Also writes under Samantha Lovern
Founder and Admin of the Christian Indie Authors Network
Dog Lover, Christian, Musician, and Wife.  





3 comments:

  1. Sweet post and love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics. He looks like a winner! And I love the coat too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story; obvious how much you adore him. Our pets are so special!

    ReplyDelete